Aug 6, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Even the slumping Bryce Harper got in on the act with a fourth-inning single, a sixth-inning walk, and a run scored. That after finishing 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in a 6-1 loss to New York on Tuesday.
With the Braves falling Wednesday afternoon to the Mariners — the eighth straight loss for Atlanta — the Nats are now four games up in the NL East.
Fister missed the first month of the season with a lat strain, but he’s now suddenly an ace …
Since getting hammered for seven runs on nine hits in his May 9 Nationals debut, Doug Fister has a 2.15 ERA in 100 1/3 innings.
— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) August 7, 2014
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)