Aug 6, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Even the slumping Bryce Harper got in on the act with a fourth-inning single, a sixth-inning walk, and a run scored. That after finishing 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in a 6-1 loss to New York on Tuesday.
With the Braves falling Wednesday afternoon to the Mariners — the eighth straight loss for Atlanta — the Nats are now four games up in the NL East.
Fister missed the first month of the season with a lat strain, but he’s now suddenly an ace …
Since getting hammered for seven runs on nine hits in his May 9 Nationals debut, Doug Fister has a 2.15 ERA in 100 1/3 innings.
— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) August 7, 2014
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)