Aug 6, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Even the slumping Bryce Harper got in on the act with a fourth-inning single, a sixth-inning walk, and a run scored. That after finishing 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in a 6-1 loss to New York on Tuesday.
With the Braves falling Wednesday afternoon to the Mariners — the eighth straight loss for Atlanta — the Nats are now four games up in the NL East.
Fister missed the first month of the season with a lat strain, but he’s now suddenly an ace …
Since getting hammered for seven runs on nine hits in his May 9 Nationals debut, Doug Fister has a 2.15 ERA in 100 1/3 innings.
— Drew Silva (@drewsilv) August 7, 2014
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)