Aug 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Cardinals right-hander Michael Wacha took a big step in his recovery from a stress reaction in his shoulder by starting a throwing program Tuesday after six weeks on the sidelines.
Wacha seemed pleased with how things went, telling Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
I don’t feel any pain in the shoulder or anything like that. It definitely feels strong. It feels alive, really.
Of course, so far all he’s done is some light throwing off flat ground and Goold reports that the Cardinals “are targeting his return for mid-September and the club intends to ready him as a starter.” In other words, there are quite a few more hurdles to clear before then.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 3
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86