Aug 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Cardinals right-hander Michael Wacha took a big step in his recovery from a stress reaction in his shoulder by starting a throwing program Tuesday after six weeks on the sidelines.
Wacha seemed pleased with how things went, telling Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
I don’t feel any pain in the shoulder or anything like that. It definitely feels strong. It feels alive, really.
Of course, so far all he’s done is some light throwing off flat ground and Goold reports that the Cardinals “are targeting his return for mid-September and the club intends to ready him as a starter.” In other words, there are quite a few more hurdles to clear before then.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 16
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 179
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 103
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (201)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)