Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
One for PEDs, one for a drug of abuse.
The drugs of abuse guy: San Francisco Giants minor league pitcher Jacob Dunnington. He gets a 50-game suspension for a second positive test for a drug of abuse. He’s a member of the single-A Augusta GreenJackets.
The PEDs guy: Cincinnati Reds shortstop Cesar Mejia, who gets 72-games for testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone. He plays for the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
And until this very moment I would have guessed that “Boldenone” was a mystical world in some role-playing game. The more you know.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)