Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
One for PEDs, one for a drug of abuse.
The drugs of abuse guy: San Francisco Giants minor league pitcher Jacob Dunnington. He gets a 50-game suspension for a second positive test for a drug of abuse. He’s a member of the single-A Augusta GreenJackets.
The PEDs guy: Cincinnati Reds shortstop Cesar Mejia, who gets 72-games for testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone. He plays for the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
And until this very moment I would have guessed that “Boldenone” was a mystical world in some role-playing game. The more you know.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)