Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
One for PEDs, one for a drug of abuse.
The drugs of abuse guy: San Francisco Giants minor league pitcher Jacob Dunnington. He gets a 50-game suspension for a second positive test for a drug of abuse. He’s a member of the single-A Augusta GreenJackets.
The PEDs guy: Cincinnati Reds shortstop Cesar Mejia, who gets 72-games for testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone. He plays for the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
And until this very moment I would have guessed that “Boldenone” was a mystical world in some role-playing game. The more you know.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (83)