Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
One for PEDs, one for a drug of abuse.
The drugs of abuse guy: San Francisco Giants minor league pitcher Jacob Dunnington. He gets a 50-game suspension for a second positive test for a drug of abuse. He’s a member of the single-A Augusta GreenJackets.
The PEDs guy: Cincinnati Reds shortstop Cesar Mejia, who gets 72-games for testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone. He plays for the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
And until this very moment I would have guessed that “Boldenone” was a mystical world in some role-playing game. The more you know.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)