Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
One for PEDs, one for a drug of abuse.
The drugs of abuse guy: San Francisco Giants minor league pitcher Jacob Dunnington. He gets a 50-game suspension for a second positive test for a drug of abuse. He’s a member of the single-A Augusta GreenJackets.
The PEDs guy: Cincinnati Reds shortstop Cesar Mejia, who gets 72-games for testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone. He plays for the Dominican Summer League Reds, is effective immediately.
And until this very moment I would have guessed that “Boldenone” was a mystical world in some role-playing game. The more you know.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)