Aug 7, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Watching a center fielder run for days, back to the infield, at a full sprint, and catch a ball is one of the coolest things that can happen on a baseball field. Maybe the absolute coolest. All I know is that I could watch this play over and over again and never get sick of it.
And it wasn’t just flash for flash’s sake. If Amarista doesn’t track this ball down, the Twins win in a walkoff. As it was, it forced extra innings and led to a Padres win.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)