Aug 7, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Watching a center fielder run for days, back to the infield, at a full sprint, and catch a ball is one of the coolest things that can happen on a baseball field. Maybe the absolute coolest. All I know is that I could watch this play over and over again and never get sick of it.
And it wasn’t just flash for flash’s sake. If Amarista doesn’t track this ball down, the Twins win in a walkoff. As it was, it forced extra innings and led to a Padres win.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)