Aug 7, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Watching a center fielder run for days, back to the infield, at a full sprint, and catch a ball is one of the coolest things that can happen on a baseball field. Maybe the absolute coolest. All I know is that I could watch this play over and over again and never get sick of it.
And it wasn’t just flash for flash’s sake. If Amarista doesn’t track this ball down, the Twins win in a walkoff. As it was, it forced extra innings and led to a Padres win.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)