Aug 7, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Watching a center fielder run for days, back to the infield, at a full sprint, and catch a ball is one of the coolest things that can happen on a baseball field. Maybe the absolute coolest. All I know is that I could watch this play over and over again and never get sick of it.
And it wasn’t just flash for flash’s sake. If Amarista doesn’t track this ball down, the Twins win in a walkoff. As it was, it forced extra innings and led to a Padres win.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)