Aug 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Our friend Jason Lukehart at Let’s Go Tribe passes along a number of changes/renovations that are coming to Progressive Field in Cleveland. The effect of which will be to reduce capacity of the park while making the place more fun and inviting.
The changes include adding a large bar/patio area in right field, creating more open space, removing excess luxury boxes, moving the bullpens together and putting more seats around them. They are also adding a statue of Larry Doby, which many fans think is long overdue.
In all, the renovations — which will be 100% privately financed — will reduce Progressive Field’s capacity from 42,487 to somewhere between 37-38,000. This makes a lot of sense for this park and should make a good ballpark a little bit better in terms of fan experience.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)