Aug 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Our friend Jason Lukehart at Let’s Go Tribe passes along a number of changes/renovations that are coming to Progressive Field in Cleveland. The effect of which will be to reduce capacity of the park while making the place more fun and inviting.
The changes include adding a large bar/patio area in right field, creating more open space, removing excess luxury boxes, moving the bullpens together and putting more seats around them. They are also adding a statue of Larry Doby, which many fans think is long overdue.
In all, the renovations — which will be 100% privately financed — will reduce Progressive Field’s capacity from 42,487 to somewhere between 37-38,000. This makes a lot of sense for this park and should make a good ballpark a little bit better in terms of fan experience.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 9
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)