Aug 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Our friend Jason Lukehart at Let’s Go Tribe passes along a number of changes/renovations that are coming to Progressive Field in Cleveland. The effect of which will be to reduce capacity of the park while making the place more fun and inviting.
The changes include adding a large bar/patio area in right field, creating more open space, removing excess luxury boxes, moving the bullpens together and putting more seats around them. They are also adding a statue of Larry Doby, which many fans think is long overdue.
In all, the renovations — which will be 100% privately financed — will reduce Progressive Field’s capacity from 42,487 to somewhere between 37-38,000. This makes a lot of sense for this park and should make a good ballpark a little bit better in terms of fan experience.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)