Aug 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Our friend Jason Lukehart at Let’s Go Tribe passes along a number of changes/renovations that are coming to Progressive Field in Cleveland. The effect of which will be to reduce capacity of the park while making the place more fun and inviting.
The changes include adding a large bar/patio area in right field, creating more open space, removing excess luxury boxes, moving the bullpens together and putting more seats around them. They are also adding a statue of Larry Doby, which many fans think is long overdue.
In all, the renovations — which will be 100% privately financed — will reduce Progressive Field’s capacity from 42,487 to somewhere between 37-38,000. This makes a lot of sense for this park and should make a good ballpark a little bit better in terms of fan experience.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)