Aug 7, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
Cubs rookie second baseman Javier Baez hit the go-ahead home run in his major league debut on Tuesday night and he put on a show this afternoon against the Rockies at Coors Field.
Baez went 3-for-4 with two home runs and four RBI as part of a 6-2 victory. The 21-year-old had an RBI single in the third inning before hitting a solo blast off the left-field foul pole in the sixth and a two-run homer to right field in the eighth. Check out the video of the impressive power display below.
Did you see Baez reach out to go opposite field on that second one? That’s just not fair. Even in Coors Field, that’s impressive. Cubs fans have reason to be excited here. They’ll get their first look at him at Wrigley Field tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 21
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)