Aug 7, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
Cubs rookie second baseman Javier Baez hit the go-ahead home run in his major league debut on Tuesday night and he put on a show this afternoon against the Rockies at Coors Field.
Baez went 3-for-4 with two home runs and four RBI as part of a 6-2 victory. The 21-year-old had an RBI single in the third inning before hitting a solo blast off the left-field foul pole in the sixth and a two-run homer to right field in the eighth. Check out the video of the impressive power display below.
Did you see Baez reach out to go opposite field on that second one? That’s just not fair. Even in Coors Field, that’s impressive. Cubs fans have reason to be excited here. They’ll get their first look at him at Wrigley Field tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
- Report: Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 21
- The Matt Kemp trade is expected to go down as planned 12
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 76
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)