Aug 7, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Cubs rookie second baseman Javier Baez hit the go-ahead home run in his major league debut on Tuesday night and he put on a show this afternoon against the Rockies at Coors Field.
Baez went 3-for-4 with two home runs and four RBI as part of a 6-2 victory. The 21-year-old had an RBI single in the third inning before hitting a solo blast off the left-field foul pole in the sixth and a two-run homer to right field in the eighth. Check out the video of the impressive power display below.
Did you see Baez reach out to go opposite field on that second one? That’s just not fair. Even in Coors Field, that’s impressive. Cubs fans have reason to be excited here. They’ll get their first look at him at Wrigley Field tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 36
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 99
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 72
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 72
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)