Aug 7, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Cubs rookie second baseman Javier Baez hit the go-ahead home run in his major league debut on Tuesday night and he put on a show this afternoon against the Rockies at Coors Field.
Baez went 3-for-4 with two home runs and four RBI as part of a 6-2 victory. The 21-year-old had an RBI single in the third inning before hitting a solo blast off the left-field foul pole in the sixth and a two-run homer to right field in the eighth. Check out the video of the impressive power display below.
Did you see Baez reach out to go opposite field on that second one? That’s just not fair. Even in Coors Field, that’s impressive. Cubs fans have reason to be excited here. They’ll get their first look at him at Wrigley Field tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)