Aug 7, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Cubs rookie second baseman Javier Baez hit the go-ahead home run in his major league debut on Tuesday night and he put on a show this afternoon against the Rockies at Coors Field.
Baez went 3-for-4 with two home runs and four RBI as part of a 6-2 victory. The 21-year-old had an RBI single in the third inning before hitting a solo blast off the left-field foul pole in the sixth and a two-run homer to right field in the eighth. Check out the video of the impressive power display below.
Did you see Baez reach out to go opposite field on that second one? That’s just not fair. Even in Coors Field, that’s impressive. Cubs fans have reason to be excited here. They’ll get their first look at him at Wrigley Field tomorrow afternoon against the Rays.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)