Aug 8, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Motte has looked nothing like his former dominant self after missing all of last season, striking out just 16 batters in 22 innings while serving up seven homers on the way to a 4.91 ERA. His average fastball has clocked in at 93.9 miles per hour, compared to 96.8 mph in 2012.
Prior to blowing out his elbow Motte had a lifetime 2.87 ERA and 273 strikeouts in 260 innings and saved a league-leading 42 games for the Cardinals in 2012.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)