Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EST
Brandon Belt is back on the 7-day concussion disabled list due to recurring symptoms, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Belt was activated from the 7-day concussion DL last Saturday and made five starts at first base before taking off Thursday due to sickness.
Belt, 26, suffered a concussion after he was hit in the face during batting practice on July 19. Symptoms stemming from that incident have been bothering him ever since. He goes on the DL slashing .237/.296/.446 with 11 home runs and 24 RBI.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)