Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Brandon Belt is back on the 7-day concussion disabled list due to recurring symptoms, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Belt was activated from the 7-day concussion DL last Saturday and made five starts at first base before taking off Thursday due to sickness.
Belt, 26, suffered a concussion after he was hit in the face during batting practice on July 19. Symptoms stemming from that incident have been bothering him ever since. He goes on the DL slashing .237/.296/.446 with 11 home runs and 24 RBI.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 73
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)