Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Brandon Belt is back on the 7-day concussion disabled list due to recurring symptoms, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Belt was activated from the 7-day concussion DL last Saturday and made five starts at first base before taking off Thursday due to sickness.
Belt, 26, suffered a concussion after he was hit in the face during batting practice on July 19. Symptoms stemming from that incident have been bothering him ever since. He goes on the DL slashing .237/.296/.446 with 11 home runs and 24 RBI.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 25
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)