Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Brandon Belt is back on the 7-day concussion disabled list due to recurring symptoms, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Belt was activated from the 7-day concussion DL last Saturday and made five starts at first base before taking off Thursday due to sickness.
Belt, 26, suffered a concussion after he was hit in the face during batting practice on July 19. Symptoms stemming from that incident have been bothering him ever since. He goes on the DL slashing .237/.296/.446 with 11 home runs and 24 RBI.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 82
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (84)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)