Aug 8, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Coming off his debut series against the Rockies in which he hit three homers, Javier Baez makes his home debut for the Cubs today against the Rays at Wrigley Field.
Over at CSNChicago.com, Patrick Mooney details how, in the space of just a few days, the Baez-hype has grown. Grown so much that Cubs brass is actively trying to downplay it some, reminding people of Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo. Fun times.
Of course, Theo Epstein is probably getting pretty excited himself. Here he is behind the screen during BP today, watching Baez hit one out:
— Comcast SportsNet (@CSNChicago) August 8, 2014
Baez won’t always be facing mediocre pitchers in Denver. But for now people in Chicago are pretty darn excited.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)