Aug 8, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Coming off his debut series against the Rockies in which he hit three homers, Javier Baez makes his home debut for the Cubs today against the Rays at Wrigley Field.
Over at CSNChicago.com, Patrick Mooney details how, in the space of just a few days, the Baez-hype has grown. Grown so much that Cubs brass is actively trying to downplay it some, reminding people of Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo. Fun times.
Of course, Theo Epstein is probably getting pretty excited himself. Here he is behind the screen during BP today, watching Baez hit one out:
— Comcast SportsNet (@CSNChicago) August 8, 2014
Baez won’t always be facing mediocre pitchers in Denver. But for now people in Chicago are pretty darn excited.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)