Aug 8, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
Coming off his debut series against the Rockies in which he hit three homers, Javier Baez makes his home debut for the Cubs today against the Rays at Wrigley Field.
Over at CSNChicago.com, Patrick Mooney details how, in the space of just a few days, the Baez-hype has grown. Grown so much that Cubs brass is actively trying to downplay it some, reminding people of Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo. Fun times.
Of course, Theo Epstein is probably getting pretty excited himself. Here he is behind the screen during BP today, watching Baez hit one out:
— Comcast SportsNet (@CSNChicago) August 8, 2014
Baez won’t always be facing mediocre pitchers in Denver. But for now people in Chicago are pretty darn excited.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)