Aug 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
This is not a repeat from the, oh, half dozen times we’ve posted about Mark Teixeira‘s debilitating health woes over the past couple of years:
Teixeira: “it’s still really sore…I can’t really grip a bat right now.”
— Erik Boland (@eboland11) August 8, 2014
This time it’s due to a lacerated left finger that required stitches. He’s still in pain and, if he doesn’t improve soon, will need to be DL’d.
He’s at .230/.333/.447 on the year with 19 homers in 84 games.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)