Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EST
The Mets announced that they have designated outfielder Chris Young for assignment. It’s no surprise, as the move had been rumored for some time. Matt den Dekker has been recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas to take his place on the roster.
Young, 30, has had a rough season. He leaves the Mets with a .205/.283/.346 slash line, eight home runs, 28 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
den Dekker, 26, was performing well with Las Vegas. Since his demotion from the majors in mid-June, he slashed .402/.487/.665 with four home runs and 20 RBI in 192 plate appearances.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15