Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
The Mets announced that they have designated outfielder Chris Young for assignment. It’s no surprise, as the move had been rumored for some time. Matt den Dekker has been recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas to take his place on the roster.
Young, 30, has had a rough season. He leaves the Mets with a .205/.283/.346 slash line, eight home runs, 28 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
den Dekker, 26, was performing well with Las Vegas. Since his demotion from the majors in mid-June, he slashed .402/.487/.665 with four home runs and 20 RBI in 192 plate appearances.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)