Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
The Mets announced that they have designated outfielder Chris Young for assignment. It’s no surprise, as the move had been rumored for some time. Matt den Dekker has been recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas to take his place on the roster.
Young, 30, has had a rough season. He leaves the Mets with a .205/.283/.346 slash line, eight home runs, 28 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
den Dekker, 26, was performing well with Las Vegas. Since his demotion from the majors in mid-June, he slashed .402/.487/.665 with four home runs and 20 RBI in 192 plate appearances.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)