Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
The Mets announced that they have designated outfielder Chris Young for assignment. It’s no surprise, as the move had been rumored for some time. Matt den Dekker has been recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas to take his place on the roster.
Young, 30, has had a rough season. He leaves the Mets with a .205/.283/.346 slash line, eight home runs, 28 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
den Dekker, 26, was performing well with Las Vegas. Since his demotion from the majors in mid-June, he slashed .402/.487/.665 with four home runs and 20 RBI in 192 plate appearances.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 31
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 18
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)