Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
The Mets announced that they have designated outfielder Chris Young for assignment. It’s no surprise, as the move had been rumored for some time. Matt den Dekker has been recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas to take his place on the roster.
Young, 30, has had a rough season. He leaves the Mets with a .205/.283/.346 slash line, eight home runs, 28 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
den Dekker, 26, was performing well with Las Vegas. Since his demotion from the majors in mid-June, he slashed .402/.487/.665 with four home runs and 20 RBI in 192 plate appearances.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)