Aug 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
As soon as Jimenez injured his ankle by stepping into a hole in a parking lot reports suggested the Orioles would take their sweet time welcoming him back, taking the DL stint as an opportunity to be without him in the rotation following a 3-8 record and 4.52 ERA in 18 starts.
Jimenez last pitched for the Orioles on July 5, yet he still leads the American League with 60 walks in the first season of a four-year, $50 million contract.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)