Aug 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
As soon as Jimenez injured his ankle by stepping into a hole in a parking lot reports suggested the Orioles would take their sweet time welcoming him back, taking the DL stint as an opportunity to be without him in the rotation following a 3-8 record and 4.52 ERA in 18 starts.
Jimenez last pitched for the Orioles on July 5, yet he still leads the American League with 60 walks in the first season of a four-year, $50 million contract.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)