Aug 8, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Geovany Soto made it just three games between disabled list stints last time, so the Rangers will hope the veteran catcher can stick around on the active roster for a bit longer now.
He returns after missing two weeks with a strained groin and Soto previously missed the first two-plus months of the season following knee surgery.
To make room for Soto on the roster the Rangers designated right-hander Jerome Williams for assignment, cutting him loose after the 32-year-old journeyman allowed 11 runs in 10 innings over two starts.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)