Aug 8, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Four years ago a Phillies fan started a blog called “I want to go to the zoo with Roy Halladay,” or as everyone else calls it, “Zoo with Roy.” The idea was pretty simple: Roy Halladay is awesome, and it would be awesome to go to the zoo with him. The implied joke was that Roy Halladay was so crazy-intense a player that he’s not exactly the type of guy who would just go off to the zoo with some random blogger.
But things do change. ZWR expanded from that amusing little joke into a cool Phillies blog and Twitter presence. And Roy Halladay, as we noted a while back, has totally mellowed out in his retirement and actually seems like a lot of fun. Which leads to something simultaneously shocking and inevitable:
I’m at the zoo with Roy Halladay?! pic.twitter.com/5453vwPKvo
— Zoo With Roy (@zoowithroy) August 8, 2014
Read ZWR’s story about his trip the zoo with Roy Halladay here. And realize that, yes kids, dreams do come true.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)