Aug 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Cashner, out since June 23 with right shoulder soreness, allowed one hit and no walks while striking out three batters. He threw 19 out of 24 pitches for strikes. Jeff Sanders of U-T San Diego reports that he’s expected to make two more starts in the minors, with the next coming Wednesday with Double-A El Paso. The hope is that he’ll get stretched out to around 75-8o pitches before making his return.
Cashner, 27, owns a 2.36 ERA and 59/22 K/BB ratio in 76 1/3 innings over 12 starts this season. He’s under team control for two more seasons, so it will be interesting if new general manager A.J. Preller considers dealing him during the offseason. Proving his health and effectiveness down the stretch would increase the asking price.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)