Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of NatsInsider.com reports that the Nationals are expected to call up outfield prospect Michael Taylor to the big leagues. He is expected to be with the team in time for their evening series finale in Atlanta against the Braves. The Nationals have seen two of their outfielders — Jayson Werth and Steven Souza — suffer recent injuries.
Taylor, 23, started the season at Double-A Harrisburg — his first taste of that level of competition — and posted fantastic results, slashing .313/.396/.539 with 22 home runs, 63 RBI, and 35 stolen bases. Taylor made his Triple-A debut with the Syracuse Chiefs on Monday. In four games, he has five hits (including three doubles and a triple) with a pair of RBI and a stolen base.
It’s not clear yet what roster move the Nationals will make to create room for Taylor, but it could involve a DL stint for either or both of Werth and Souza.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)