Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of NatsInsider.com reports that the Nationals are expected to call up outfield prospect Michael Taylor to the big leagues. He is expected to be with the team in time for their evening series finale in Atlanta against the Braves. The Nationals have seen two of their outfielders — Jayson Werth and Steven Souza — suffer recent injuries.
Taylor, 23, started the season at Double-A Harrisburg — his first taste of that level of competition — and posted fantastic results, slashing .313/.396/.539 with 22 home runs, 63 RBI, and 35 stolen bases. Taylor made his Triple-A debut with the Syracuse Chiefs on Monday. In four games, he has five hits (including three doubles and a triple) with a pair of RBI and a stolen base.
It’s not clear yet what roster move the Nationals will make to create room for Taylor, but it could involve a DL stint for either or both of Werth and Souza.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)