Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
OK, so this is pretty bizarre.
In the top of the seventh inning last night against the Brewers, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig attempted to check his swing on a pitch from reliever Zach Duke. However, his bat didn’t cooperate, as it snapped off in his hands and the barrel went flying toward the infield. Seriously. Check it out below.
The look of confusion on Puig’s face is just fantastic. That takes some serious strength. Or perhaps his bat is so conditioned to being flipped that it began doing it on its own? That’s what I’m going with, anyway.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)