Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
OK, so this is pretty bizarre.
In the top of the seventh inning last night against the Brewers, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig attempted to check his swing on a pitch from reliever Zach Duke. However, his bat didn’t cooperate, as it snapped off in his hands and the barrel went flying toward the infield. Seriously. Check it out below.
The look of confusion on Puig’s face is just fantastic. That takes some serious strength. Or perhaps his bat is so conditioned to being flipped that it began doing it on its own? That’s what I’m going with, anyway.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 73
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)