Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
OK, so this is pretty bizarre.
In the top of the seventh inning last night against the Brewers, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig attempted to check his swing on a pitch from reliever Zach Duke. However, his bat didn’t cooperate, as it snapped off in his hands and the barrel went flying toward the infield. Seriously. Check it out below.
The look of confusion on Puig’s face is just fantastic. That takes some serious strength. Or perhaps his bat is so conditioned to being flipped that it began doing it on its own? That’s what I’m going with, anyway.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)