Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
OK, so this is pretty bizarre.
In the top of the seventh inning last night against the Brewers, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig attempted to check his swing on a pitch from reliever Zach Duke. However, his bat didn’t cooperate, as it snapped off in his hands and the barrel went flying toward the infield. Seriously. Check it out below.
The look of confusion on Puig’s face is just fantastic. That takes some serious strength. Or perhaps his bat is so conditioned to being flipped that it began doing it on its own? That’s what I’m going with, anyway.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 85
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)