Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
OK, so this is pretty bizarre.
In the top of the seventh inning last night against the Brewers, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig attempted to check his swing on a pitch from reliever Zach Duke. However, his bat didn’t cooperate, as it snapped off in his hands and the barrel went flying toward the infield. Seriously. Check it out below.
The look of confusion on Puig’s face is just fantastic. That takes some serious strength. Or perhaps his bat is so conditioned to being flipped that it began doing it on its own? That’s what I’m going with, anyway.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)