Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton is back on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. To take Eaton’s spot on the roster, the White Sox recalled outfielder Jordan Danks from Triple-A Charlotte.
Eaton left after one inning in yesterday’s game against the Mariners. He went on the 15-day disabled list a few months ago, on May 3.
Eaton, 25, has been an on-base machine for the White Sox at the top of their lineup, slashing .304/.370/.401 with one home run, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)