Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton is back on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. To take Eaton’s spot on the roster, the White Sox recalled outfielder Jordan Danks from Triple-A Charlotte.
Eaton left after one inning in yesterday’s game against the Mariners. He went on the 15-day disabled list a few months ago, on May 3.
Eaton, 25, has been an on-base machine for the White Sox at the top of their lineup, slashing .304/.370/.401 with one home run, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)