Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton is back on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. To take Eaton’s spot on the roster, the White Sox recalled outfielder Jordan Danks from Triple-A Charlotte.
Eaton left after one inning in yesterday’s game against the Mariners. He went on the 15-day disabled list a few months ago, on May 3.
Eaton, 25, has been an on-base machine for the White Sox at the top of their lineup, slashing .304/.370/.401 with one home run, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)