Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton is back on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. To take Eaton’s spot on the roster, the White Sox recalled outfielder Jordan Danks from Triple-A Charlotte.
Eaton left after one inning in yesterday’s game against the Mariners. He went on the 15-day disabled list a few months ago, on May 3.
Eaton, 25, has been an on-base machine for the White Sox at the top of their lineup, slashing .304/.370/.401 with one home run, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)