Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton is back on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. To take Eaton’s spot on the roster, the White Sox recalled outfielder Jordan Danks from Triple-A Charlotte.
Eaton left after one inning in yesterday’s game against the Mariners. He went on the 15-day disabled list a few months ago, on May 3.
Eaton, 25, has been an on-base machine for the White Sox at the top of their lineup, slashing .304/.370/.401 with one home run, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)