Aug 9, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
Myers injured his wrist in an outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on May 30. The original diagnosis was a sprained wrist, but further examination revealed the fracture. He wore a cast for several weeks before recently ramping up baseball activities. Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times wrote on Thursday that Myers is expected to spend about two weeks in the minors, setting up his return later this month.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last season, Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI over 53 games this season prior to the injury.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 38
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)