Aug 9, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Myers injured his wrist in an outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on May 30. The original diagnosis was a sprained wrist, but further examination revealed the fracture. He wore a cast for several weeks before recently ramping up baseball activities. Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times wrote on Thursday that Myers is expected to spend about two weeks in the minors, setting up his return later this month.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last season, Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI over 53 games this season prior to the injury.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)