Aug 9, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
Myers injured his wrist in an outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on May 30. The original diagnosis was a sprained wrist, but further examination revealed the fracture. He wore a cast for several weeks before recently ramping up baseball activities. Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times wrote on Thursday that Myers is expected to spend about two weeks in the minors, setting up his return later this month.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last season, Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI over 53 games this season prior to the injury.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)