Aug 9, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Myers injured his wrist in an outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on May 30. The original diagnosis was a sprained wrist, but further examination revealed the fracture. He wore a cast for several weeks before recently ramping up baseball activities. Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times wrote on Thursday that Myers is expected to spend about two weeks in the minors, setting up his return later this month.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last season, Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI over 53 games this season prior to the injury.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)