Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Anderson shut the Cubs out on one hit in his most recent start on Tuesday, but left after three innings. He had previously missed three months of the season between mid-April and mid-July due to a fractured index finger. In 43 1/3 innings spanning eight starts this season, Anderson pitched well, posting a 2.91 ERA with a 29/13 K/BB ratio.
The Rockies have a $12 million club option with a $1.5 million buyout on Anderson’s contract for the 2015 season. The Rockies did not deal the lefty at the trade deadline. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported that the club planned to pick up his option or sign him to an extension. It will be interesting to see if their enthusiasm wanes given his latest injury.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 41
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 58
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)