Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Anderson shut the Cubs out on one hit in his most recent start on Tuesday, but left after three innings. He had previously missed three months of the season between mid-April and mid-July due to a fractured index finger. In 43 1/3 innings spanning eight starts this season, Anderson pitched well, posting a 2.91 ERA with a 29/13 K/BB ratio.
The Rockies have a $12 million club option with a $1.5 million buyout on Anderson’s contract for the 2015 season. The Rockies did not deal the lefty at the trade deadline. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported that the club planned to pick up his option or sign him to an extension. It will be interesting to see if their enthusiasm wanes given his latest injury.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)