Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Anderson shut the Cubs out on one hit in his most recent start on Tuesday, but left after three innings. He had previously missed three months of the season between mid-April and mid-July due to a fractured index finger. In 43 1/3 innings spanning eight starts this season, Anderson pitched well, posting a 2.91 ERA with a 29/13 K/BB ratio.
The Rockies have a $12 million club option with a $1.5 million buyout on Anderson’s contract for the 2015 season. The Rockies did not deal the lefty at the trade deadline. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported that the club planned to pick up his option or sign him to an extension. It will be interesting to see if their enthusiasm wanes given his latest injury.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)