Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Anderson shut the Cubs out on one hit in his most recent start on Tuesday, but left after three innings. He had previously missed three months of the season between mid-April and mid-July due to a fractured index finger. In 43 1/3 innings spanning eight starts this season, Anderson pitched well, posting a 2.91 ERA with a 29/13 K/BB ratio.
The Rockies have a $12 million club option with a $1.5 million buyout on Anderson’s contract for the 2015 season. The Rockies did not deal the lefty at the trade deadline. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported that the club planned to pick up his option or sign him to an extension. It will be interesting to see if their enthusiasm wanes given his latest injury.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 24
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 45
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 25
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)