Aug 10, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Thomas Harding reports that the Rockies have put outfielder Carlos Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list with left knee tendinitis. It’s yet another dagger in what has been a highly frustrating season for the dynamic 28-year-old.
CarGo needed surgery in early June to remove a benign tumor from his left index finger and has been bothered off and on by knee issues since April.
This has all led to him posting a disappointing .238 batting average and .723 OPS (89 OPS+) over 70 games. He had a .300 batting average and .887 OPS (125 OPS+) in 691 career games prior to the start of the 2014 campaign.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)