Aug 10, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
MLB.com beat writer Thomas Harding reports that the Rockies have put outfielder Carlos Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list with left knee tendinitis. It’s yet another dagger in what has been a highly frustrating season for the dynamic 28-year-old.
CarGo needed surgery in early June to remove a benign tumor from his left index finger and has been bothered off and on by knee issues since April.
This has all led to him posting a disappointing .238 batting average and .723 OPS (89 OPS+) over 70 games. He had a .300 batting average and .887 OPS (125 OPS+) in 691 career games prior to the start of the 2014 campaign.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 8
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 55
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)