Aug 10, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
MLB.com beat writer Thomas Harding reports that the Rockies have put outfielder Carlos Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list with left knee tendinitis. It’s yet another dagger in what has been a highly frustrating season for the dynamic 28-year-old.
CarGo needed surgery in early June to remove a benign tumor from his left index finger and has been bothered off and on by knee issues since April.
This has all led to him posting a disappointing .238 batting average and .723 OPS (89 OPS+) over 70 games. He had a .300 batting average and .887 OPS (125 OPS+) in 691 career games prior to the start of the 2014 campaign.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)