Aug 10, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Thomas Harding reports that the Rockies have put outfielder Carlos Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list with left knee tendinitis. It’s yet another dagger in what has been a highly frustrating season for the dynamic 28-year-old.
CarGo needed surgery in early June to remove a benign tumor from his left index finger and has been bothered off and on by knee issues since April.
This has all led to him posting a disappointing .238 batting average and .723 OPS (89 OPS+) over 70 games. He had a .300 batting average and .887 OPS (125 OPS+) in 691 career games prior to the start of the 2014 campaign.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 28
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)