Aug 10, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Thomas Harding reports that the Rockies have put outfielder Carlos Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list with left knee tendinitis. It’s yet another dagger in what has been a highly frustrating season for the dynamic 28-year-old.
CarGo needed surgery in early June to remove a benign tumor from his left index finger and has been bothered off and on by knee issues since April.
This has all led to him posting a disappointing .238 batting average and .723 OPS (89 OPS+) over 70 games. He had a .300 batting average and .887 OPS (125 OPS+) in 691 career games prior to the start of the 2014 campaign.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)