Aug 10, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) August 10, 2014
Hanley has been battling various injuries throughout the 2014 season — from his hand to wrist to calf — and suffered this right oblique strain on Friday night. He seems likely to miss the remainder of August.
Barney — acquired last month via trade from the Cubs — had been playing shortstop at Triple-A Albuquerque and will team with Miguel Rojas to fill in at the position until Ramirez is deemed fit to return to action.
Los Angeles currently holds a 3 1/2 game lead over the Giants in the National League West standings.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)