Aug 10, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) August 10, 2014
Hanley has been battling various injuries throughout the 2014 season — from his hand to wrist to calf — and suffered this right oblique strain on Friday night. He seems likely to miss the remainder of August.
Barney — acquired last month via trade from the Cubs — had been playing shortstop at Triple-A Albuquerque and will team with Miguel Rojas to fill in at the position until Ramirez is deemed fit to return to action.
Los Angeles currently holds a 3 1/2 game lead over the Giants in the National League West standings.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)