Aug 10, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) August 10, 2014
Hanley has been battling various injuries throughout the 2014 season — from his hand to wrist to calf — and suffered this right oblique strain on Friday night. He seems likely to miss the remainder of August.
Barney — acquired last month via trade from the Cubs — had been playing shortstop at Triple-A Albuquerque and will team with Miguel Rojas to fill in at the position until Ramirez is deemed fit to return to action.
Los Angeles currently holds a 3 1/2 game lead over the Giants in the National League West standings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)