Aug 10, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) August 10, 2014
Hanley has been battling various injuries throughout the 2014 season — from his hand to wrist to calf — and suffered this right oblique strain on Friday night. He seems likely to miss the remainder of August.
Barney — acquired last month via trade from the Cubs — had been playing shortstop at Triple-A Albuquerque and will team with Miguel Rojas to fill in at the position until Ramirez is deemed fit to return to action.
Los Angeles currently holds a 3 1/2 game lead over the Giants in the National League West standings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)