Aug 10, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) August 10, 2014
Hanley has been battling various injuries throughout the 2014 season — from his hand to wrist to calf — and suffered this right oblique strain on Friday night. He seems likely to miss the remainder of August.
Barney — acquired last month via trade from the Cubs — had been playing shortstop at Triple-A Albuquerque and will team with Miguel Rojas to fill in at the position until Ramirez is deemed fit to return to action.
Los Angeles currently holds a 3 1/2 game lead over the Giants in the National League West standings.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 7
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (93)