Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger reports that the Twins have traded starter Kevin Correia to the Dodgers for a player to be named later. Left-hander Tommy Milone has been recalled from Triple-A Rochester to take Correia’s spot in the rotation.
Correia, 33, struggled in 23 starts, accruing a league-leading 13 losses with a 4.94 ERA and a 61/32 K/BB ratio over 129 1/3 innings. The Dodgers, however, just lost Josh Beckett for the season. Though they recently acquired Roberto Hernandez from the Phillies, they are still thin on starting pitching depth. Correia is eligible for free agency after the season, when the two-year, $10 million deal he signed with the Twins in December 2012 expires.
The Twins acquired Milone from the Athletics at the trade deadline in exchange for outfielder Sam Fuld. In his only start with Rochester, Milone allowed a run on six hits and a pair of walks while striking out three over seven innings. He made 16 starts at the big league level for the Athletics, posting a 3.55 ERA with a 61/26 K/BB ratio in 96 1/3 innings. Milone will start on Monday for the Twins, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)