Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger reports that the Twins have traded starter Kevin Correia to the Dodgers for a player to be named later. Left-hander Tommy Milone has been recalled from Triple-A Rochester to take Correia’s spot in the rotation.
Correia, 33, struggled in 23 starts, accruing a league-leading 13 losses with a 4.94 ERA and a 61/32 K/BB ratio over 129 1/3 innings. The Dodgers, however, just lost Josh Beckett for the season. Though they recently acquired Roberto Hernandez from the Phillies, they are still thin on starting pitching depth. Correia is eligible for free agency after the season, when the two-year, $10 million deal he signed with the Twins in December 2012 expires.
The Twins acquired Milone from the Athletics at the trade deadline in exchange for outfielder Sam Fuld. In his only start with Rochester, Milone allowed a run on six hits and a pair of walks while striking out three over seven innings. He made 16 starts at the big league level for the Athletics, posting a 3.55 ERA with a 61/26 K/BB ratio in 96 1/3 innings. Milone will start on Monday for the Twins, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)