Aug 10, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Jason Beck passes along the news …
The Tigers are going to have to get through arguably the toughest stretch in their schedule without Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria. The Tigers placed both right-handers on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning — Sanchez for a Grade 2 right pectoral muscle strain, Soria with a left oblique strain.
Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski guessed that Sanchez will be out for 3-4 weeks. Robbie Ray is going to take over his rotation spot on Wednesday in a start against the Pirates at Detroit’s Comerica Park.
Soria will be out 2-3 weeks. He has allowed 10 hits and six runs — five earned — over 4 1/3 innings since being acquired from the Rangers on July 23 for pitching prospects Jake Thompson and Corey Knebel.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)