Aug 10, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Jason Beck passes along the news …
The Tigers are going to have to get through arguably the toughest stretch in their schedule without Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria. The Tigers placed both right-handers on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning — Sanchez for a Grade 2 right pectoral muscle strain, Soria with a left oblique strain.
Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski guessed that Sanchez will be out for 3-4 weeks. Robbie Ray is going to take over his rotation spot on Wednesday in a start against the Pirates at Detroit’s Comerica Park.
Soria will be out 2-3 weeks. He has allowed 10 hits and six runs — five earned — over 4 1/3 innings since being acquired from the Rangers on July 23 for pitching prospects Jake Thompson and Corey Knebel.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)