Aug 10, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Jason Beck passes along the news …
The Tigers are going to have to get through arguably the toughest stretch in their schedule without Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria. The Tigers placed both right-handers on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning — Sanchez for a Grade 2 right pectoral muscle strain, Soria with a left oblique strain.
Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski guessed that Sanchez will be out for 3-4 weeks. Robbie Ray is going to take over his rotation spot on Wednesday in a start against the Pirates at Detroit’s Comerica Park.
Soria will be out 2-3 weeks. He has allowed 10 hits and six runs — five earned — over 4 1/3 innings since being acquired from the Rangers on July 23 for pitching prospects Jake Thompson and Corey Knebel.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69