Aug 10, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
In his eighth game as a member of the Red Sox, Yoenis Cespedes went yard. It was an important home run, too, as his three-run, eighth-inning blast off of Angels reliever Joe Smith broke a 0-0 tie. The Red Sox would go on to win by a 3-1 margin.
Watch Cespedes go deep:
Totaling his performance with the Athletics and the Red Sox this season, Cespedes has 18 home runs, 72 RBI, and a .256/.302/.462 slash line. The Red Sox acquired Cespedes at the trade deadline in the trade that sent starter Jon Lester and outfielder Jonny Gomes to the Athletics.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)