Aug 11, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Andrelton Simmons has been sidelined since last Tuesday due to a left ankle sprain, but he could rejoin the Braves’ lineup as soon as tomorrow.
According to Mark Bowman of MLB.com, Simmons tested his ankle this afternoon by jogging, fielding ground balls, and taking batting practice. The Gold Glover felt good enough to go today, but the Braves are going to give him at least one more day.
“He’s getting close,” Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. “If it’s not [Tuesday], it will be Wednesday. But at the very least, he is progressing well.”
Simmons, 24, is batting .249/.297/.340 with five home runs and 36 RBI over 107 games this season.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)