Aug 11, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Out since early July with a strained oblique muscle, Twins first baseman Joe Mauer is set to come off the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Astros.
Mauer went 6-for-15 (.400) on a four-game minor-league rehab assignment at Single-A without experiencing any setbacks, and Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that the former MVP is on his way to Houston to rejoin the team.
Mauer got off to a terrible start this season after sitting out the end of last year following a concussion and moving from catcher to first base, but he was hitting .320 in his last 20 games and had an active 12-game hitting streak at the time of the oblique injury.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 3
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)