Kate Upton says Yankees banned her from wearing Tigers gear in support of boyfriend Justin Verlander
Aug 11, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Last week Sports Illustrated model Kate Upton was at Yankee Stadium to watch her boyfriend Justin Verlander‘s team. She sat in the front row behind the Tigers’ dugout and at one point Verlander tossed her a baseball. It was all very cute.
However, it turns out Upton wanted to wear a Tigers hat in support of Verlander but the Yankees banned her from doing so while sitting in the “Legends” section.
Or at least that’s what Upton told Michael Strahan during an appearance on “Live With Kelly and Michael”:
They specifically told me, the Yankees told me, they’re like, “You’re not allowed to wear a Tigers’ hat. You’re not allowed to wear any Tigers’ gear.”
And so instead Upton–who actually grew up a Yankees fan–didn’t wear any team-related garb at all.
When faced with a similar situation Upton took a much different approach than noted Orioles fan Elaine Benes at Yankee Stadium in a “Seinfeld” episode 22 years ago.
As always, everything has already been covered by “Seinfeld.”
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)