Kate Upton says Yankees banned her from wearing Tigers gear in support of boyfriend Justin Verlander
Aug 11, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Last week Sports Illustrated model Kate Upton was at Yankee Stadium to watch her boyfriend Justin Verlander‘s team. She sat in the front row behind the Tigers’ dugout and at one point Verlander tossed her a baseball. It was all very cute.
However, it turns out Upton wanted to wear a Tigers hat in support of Verlander but the Yankees banned her from doing so while sitting in the “Legends” section.
Or at least that’s what Upton told Michael Strahan during an appearance on “Live With Kelly and Michael”:
They specifically told me, the Yankees told me, they’re like, “You’re not allowed to wear a Tigers’ hat. You’re not allowed to wear any Tigers’ gear.”
And so instead Upton–who actually grew up a Yankees fan–didn’t wear any team-related garb at all.
When faced with a similar situation Upton took a much different approach than noted Orioles fan Elaine Benes at Yankee Stadium in a “Seinfeld” episode 22 years ago.
As always, everything has already been covered by “Seinfeld.”
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)