Kate Upton says Yankees banned her from wearing Tigers gear in support of boyfriend Justin Verlander
Aug 11, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Last week Sports Illustrated model Kate Upton was at Yankee Stadium to watch her boyfriend Justin Verlander‘s team. She sat in the front row behind the Tigers’ dugout and at one point Verlander tossed her a baseball. It was all very cute.
However, it turns out Upton wanted to wear a Tigers hat in support of Verlander but the Yankees banned her from doing so while sitting in the “Legends” section.
Or at least that’s what Upton told Michael Strahan during an appearance on “Live With Kelly and Michael”:
They specifically told me, the Yankees told me, they’re like, “You’re not allowed to wear a Tigers’ hat. You’re not allowed to wear any Tigers’ gear.”
And so instead Upton–who actually grew up a Yankees fan–didn’t wear any team-related garb at all.
When faced with a similar situation Upton took a much different approach than noted Orioles fan Elaine Benes at Yankee Stadium in a “Seinfeld” episode 22 years ago.
As always, everything has already been covered by “Seinfeld.”
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 38
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)