Aug 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Mets right-hander and strong Rookie of the Year candidate Jacob deGrom is headed to the disabled list with what the team is calling rotator cuff tendinitis.
deGrom came out of nowhere this season to post a 2.87 ERA and 94/33 K/BB ratio in 100 innings as a 26-year-old rookie and hasn’t allowed more than three runs in a start since June 16. However, he complained of soreness after tossing a Quality Start against the Nationals on Thursday.
However, the good news–according to Marc Carig of New York Newsday–is that the Mets think deGrom will merely require some rest and rehab to recover.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)