Aug 11, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Michael Pineda last pitched for the Yankees on April 23, but after a suspension for pine tar and a lengthy disabled list stint for back/shoulder problems the right-hander will rejoin the rotation Wednesday against the Orioles.
Pineda made just two minor-league rehab starts and logged just 3.1 and 4.1 innings in those outings, so he’ll likely be on a limited pitch count initially. He was impressive while rehabbing, though, posting an 11/1 K/BB ratio with just one run allowed in 7.2 frames.
Pineda also looked good before the suspension and injury, returning from lost 2012 and 2013 seasons to start four games with a 1.83 ERA and 15/3 K/BB ratio.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)