Aug 11, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Michael Pineda last pitched for the Yankees on April 23, but after a suspension for pine tar and a lengthy disabled list stint for back/shoulder problems the right-hander will rejoin the rotation Wednesday against the Orioles.
Pineda made just two minor-league rehab starts and logged just 3.1 and 4.1 innings in those outings, so he’ll likely be on a limited pitch count initially. He was impressive while rehabbing, though, posting an 11/1 K/BB ratio with just one run allowed in 7.2 frames.
Pineda also looked good before the suspension and injury, returning from lost 2012 and 2013 seasons to start four games with a 1.83 ERA and 15/3 K/BB ratio.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)