Aug 11, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Michael Pineda last pitched for the Yankees on April 23, but after a suspension for pine tar and a lengthy disabled list stint for back/shoulder problems the right-hander will rejoin the rotation Wednesday against the Orioles.
Pineda made just two minor-league rehab starts and logged just 3.1 and 4.1 innings in those outings, so he’ll likely be on a limited pitch count initially. He was impressive while rehabbing, though, posting an 11/1 K/BB ratio with just one run allowed in 7.2 frames.
Pineda also looked good before the suspension and injury, returning from lost 2012 and 2013 seasons to start four games with a 1.83 ERA and 15/3 K/BB ratio.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)