Aug 11, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Michael Pineda last pitched for the Yankees on April 23, but after a suspension for pine tar and a lengthy disabled list stint for back/shoulder problems the right-hander will rejoin the rotation Wednesday against the Orioles.
Pineda made just two minor-league rehab starts and logged just 3.1 and 4.1 innings in those outings, so he’ll likely be on a limited pitch count initially. He was impressive while rehabbing, though, posting an 11/1 K/BB ratio with just one run allowed in 7.2 frames.
Pineda also looked good before the suspension and injury, returning from lost 2012 and 2013 seasons to start four games with a 1.83 ERA and 15/3 K/BB ratio.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)