Aug 11, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Ho-hum, here’s some video of Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton doing what he does best. Hitting baseballs very far, that is.
According to ESPN Stats & Info, the blast traveled an estimated 470 feet. Seems like they are shorting him a bit.
That was actually Stanton’s second home run of the game tonight vs. the Cardinals. He’s now up to 31 home runs on the year, which ties Jose Abreu of the White Sox for the major league lead.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)