Aug 11, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Ho-hum, here’s some video of Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton doing what he does best. Hitting baseballs very far, that is.
According to ESPN Stats & Info, the blast traveled an estimated 470 feet. Seems like they are shorting him a bit.
That was actually Stanton’s second home run of the game tonight vs. the Cardinals. He’s now up to 31 home runs on the year, which ties Jose Abreu of the White Sox for the major league lead.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)