Aug 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Lind was initially expected to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks, but he returns ahead of schedule and rejoins the lineup following just one minor-league rehab game. Blue Jays manager John Gibbons watched Lind take some swings in a simulated game Monday and came away convinced he was ready to play.
Prior to the injury Lind was having his second straight strong season following a three-year rough patch from 2010-2012, hitting a career-high .320 with an .878 OPS that ranks as the second-best mark of his career despite just four homers in 61 games.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)