Aug 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Lind was initially expected to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks, but he returns ahead of schedule and rejoins the lineup following just one minor-league rehab game. Blue Jays manager John Gibbons watched Lind take some swings in a simulated game Monday and came away convinced he was ready to play.
Prior to the injury Lind was having his second straight strong season following a three-year rough patch from 2010-2012, hitting a career-high .320 with an .878 OPS that ranks as the second-best mark of his career despite just four homers in 61 games.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)