Aug 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Lind was initially expected to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks, but he returns ahead of schedule and rejoins the lineup following just one minor-league rehab game. Blue Jays manager John Gibbons watched Lind take some swings in a simulated game Monday and came away convinced he was ready to play.
Prior to the injury Lind was having his second straight strong season following a three-year rough patch from 2010-2012, hitting a career-high .320 with an .878 OPS that ranks as the second-best mark of his career despite just four homers in 61 games.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)