Aug 12, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Brennan Boesch is back in the majors, as the Angels have called up the 29-year-old outfielder after he hit .326 with 22 homers and 1.006 OPS in 84 games at Triple-A.
Boesch was once a productive regular for the Tigers, but struggled in 2012 and has spent most of the past two seasons in the minors.
He’s starting at designated hitter and batting seventh tonight for the Angels.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69