Aug 12, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Brennan Boesch is back in the majors, as the Angels have called up the 29-year-old outfielder after he hit .326 with 22 homers and 1.006 OPS in 84 games at Triple-A.
Boesch was once a productive regular for the Tigers, but struggled in 2012 and has spent most of the past two seasons in the minors.
He’s starting at designated hitter and batting seventh tonight for the Angels.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 29
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)