Aug 12, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Brennan Boesch is back in the majors, as the Angels have called up the 29-year-old outfielder after he hit .326 with 22 homers and 1.006 OPS in 84 games at Triple-A.
Boesch was once a productive regular for the Tigers, but struggled in 2012 and has spent most of the past two seasons in the minors.
He’s starting at designated hitter and batting seventh tonight for the Angels.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 35
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 23
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)