Aug 12, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
A’s starter Jon Lester fanned nine batters over six solid innings and the Oakland offense set a season-high with 20 hits in an 11-3 beatdown of the host Royals on Tuesday night at Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. Josh Donaldson homered twice, setting a new career-high for home runs in a season with 25. Brandon Moss finished 4-for-5, driving in two runs.
It was also the first loss for the Royals since SungWoo Lee, a long-time fan of the team from Seoul, South Korea, landed at Kansas City International Airport. Read more about SungWoo Lee’s story here.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)