Aug 12, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
A’s starter Jon Lester fanned nine batters over six solid innings and the Oakland offense set a season-high with 20 hits in an 11-3 beatdown of the host Royals on Tuesday night at Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. Josh Donaldson homered twice, setting a new career-high for home runs in a season with 25. Brandon Moss finished 4-for-5, driving in two runs.
It was also the first loss for the Royals since SungWoo Lee, a long-time fan of the team from Seoul, South Korea, landed at Kansas City International Airport. Read more about SungWoo Lee’s story here.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)