Aug 12, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
A’s starter Jon Lester fanned nine batters over six solid innings and the Oakland offense set a season-high with 20 hits in an 11-3 beatdown of the host Royals on Tuesday night at Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. Josh Donaldson homered twice, setting a new career-high for home runs in a season with 25. Brandon Moss finished 4-for-5, driving in two runs.
It was also the first loss for the Royals since SungWoo Lee, a long-time fan of the team from Seoul, South Korea, landed at Kansas City International Airport. Read more about SungWoo Lee’s story here.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)