Aug 12, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
A’s starter Jon Lester fanned nine batters over six solid innings and the Oakland offense set a season-high with 20 hits in an 11-3 beatdown of the host Royals on Tuesday night at Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. Josh Donaldson homered twice, setting a new career-high for home runs in a season with 25. Brandon Moss finished 4-for-5, driving in two runs.
It was also the first loss for the Royals since SungWoo Lee, a long-time fan of the team from Seoul, South Korea, landed at Kansas City International Airport. Read more about SungWoo Lee’s story here.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 3
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 53
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)