Aug 12, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
A’s starter Jon Lester fanned nine batters over six solid innings and the Oakland offense set a season-high with 20 hits in an 11-3 beatdown of the host Royals on Tuesday night at Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. Josh Donaldson homered twice, setting a new career-high for home runs in a season with 25. Brandon Moss finished 4-for-5, driving in two runs.
It was also the first loss for the Royals since SungWoo Lee, a long-time fan of the team from Seoul, South Korea, landed at Kansas City International Airport. Read more about SungWoo Lee’s story here.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)