Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
He will presumably start in center field for Houston in Wednesday’s series finale with the visiting Twins.
Fowler has been out since June 27 because of an intercostal muscle strain. The 28-year-old was first eligible to be activated on July 12 but his rehab did not go as smoothly as hoped. He began playing in tune-up games at Triple-A Oklahoma City late last week and finished 3-for-10 (.300) there with two walks.
Fowler was hitting .270/.377/.396 with six homers and six steals through 76 games this year for Houston.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)