Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
He will presumably start in center field for Houston in Wednesday’s series finale with the visiting Twins.
Fowler has been out since June 27 because of an intercostal muscle strain. The 28-year-old was first eligible to be activated on July 12 but his rehab did not go as smoothly as hoped. He began playing in tune-up games at Triple-A Oklahoma City late last week and finished 3-for-10 (.300) there with two walks.
Fowler was hitting .270/.377/.396 with six homers and six steals through 76 games this year for Houston.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 44
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)