Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
He will presumably start in center field for Houston in Wednesday’s series finale with the visiting Twins.
Fowler has been out since June 27 because of an intercostal muscle strain. The 28-year-old was first eligible to be activated on July 12 but his rehab did not go as smoothly as hoped. He began playing in tune-up games at Triple-A Oklahoma City late last week and finished 3-for-10 (.300) there with two walks.
Fowler was hitting .270/.377/.396 with six homers and six steals through 76 games this year for Houston.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 21
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)