Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
He will presumably start in center field for Houston in Wednesday’s series finale with the visiting Twins.
Fowler has been out since June 27 because of an intercostal muscle strain. The 28-year-old was first eligible to be activated on July 12 but his rehab did not go as smoothly as hoped. He began playing in tune-up games at Triple-A Oklahoma City late last week and finished 3-for-10 (.300) there with two walks.
Fowler was hitting .270/.377/.396 with six homers and six steals through 76 games this year for Houston.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)