Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
He will presumably start in center field for Houston in Wednesday’s series finale with the visiting Twins.
Fowler has been out since June 27 because of an intercostal muscle strain. The 28-year-old was first eligible to be activated on July 12 but his rehab did not go as smoothly as hoped. He began playing in tune-up games at Triple-A Oklahoma City late last week and finished 3-for-10 (.300) there with two walks.
Fowler was hitting .270/.377/.396 with six homers and six steals through 76 games this year for Houston.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)