Aug 12, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Matt Lindstrom is off the disabled list and back in the White Sox’s bullpen three months after ankle surgery, but it’s unclear if he’ll resume closing.
At the time of the injury Lindstrom had six saves with a 3.32 ERA in 19 appearances, but he’d also blown three save chances and in his absence White Sox manager Robin Ventura has turned to several ninth-inning options.
Most recently Ventura has used Jake Petricka as the primary closer and he has 2.02 ERA in 58 innings overall, so it’s possible the manager will work the 34-year-old Lindstrom back into the bullpen mix in a setup role.
- The beauty of belief 8
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 69
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)