Aug 12, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
CSNPhilly.com has a cool feature on Mo’ne Davis, the 13-year-old girl who pitched Philadelphia’s Taney Youth Baseball Association to an 8-0 victory over a squad from Delaware on Sunday in Little League Baseball’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship.
She will become the 18th female to participate in the Little League World Series, which is celebrating its 68th year and begins this Thursday in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Davis is scheduled to pitch Friday against South Nashville.
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 42
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 27
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 42
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)