Aug 12, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
CSNPhilly.com has a cool feature on Mo’ne Davis, the 13-year-old girl who pitched Philadelphia’s Taney Youth Baseball Association to an 8-0 victory over a squad from Delaware on Sunday in Little League Baseball’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship.
She will become the 18th female to participate in the Little League World Series, which is celebrating its 68th year and begins this Thursday in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Davis is scheduled to pitch Friday against South Nashville.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (115)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)