Aug 12, 2014, 8:41 PM EST
CSNPhilly.com has a cool feature on Mo’ne Davis, the 13-year-old girl who pitched Philadelphia’s Taney Youth Baseball Association to an 8-0 victory over a squad from Delaware on Sunday in Little League Baseball’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship.
She will become the 18th female to participate in the Little League World Series, which is celebrating its 68th year and begins this Thursday in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Davis is scheduled to pitch Friday against South Nashville.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)