Aug 12, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
CSNPhilly.com has a cool feature on Mo’ne Davis, the 13-year-old girl who pitched Philadelphia’s Taney Youth Baseball Association to an 8-0 victory over a squad from Delaware on Sunday in Little League Baseball’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship.
She will become the 18th female to participate in the Little League World Series, which is celebrating its 68th year and begins this Thursday in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Davis is scheduled to pitch Friday against South Nashville.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)