Aug 12, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
CSNPhilly.com has a cool feature on Mo’ne Davis, the 13-year-old girl who pitched Philadelphia’s Taney Youth Baseball Association to an 8-0 victory over a squad from Delaware on Sunday in Little League Baseball’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship.
She will become the 18th female to participate in the Little League World Series, which is celebrating its 68th year and begins this Thursday in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Davis is scheduled to pitch Friday against South Nashville.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)