Aug 12, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera spent a month on the disabled list with a strained hamstring, played 10 games for San Diego, and is now headed back to the shelf with more hamstring problems.
Alexi Amarista subbed for Cabrera the first time around, so he figures to be the primary shortstop again now. He’s not much of a hitter, batting .231 with a .612 OPS for his career, but then again Cabrera is hitting just .232 with a .572 OPS this season after posting a career-high .736 OPS last season and hasn’t been his usual dangerous self as a base-runner.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)