Aug 12, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera spent a month on the disabled list with a strained hamstring, played 10 games for San Diego, and is now headed back to the shelf with more hamstring problems.
Alexi Amarista subbed for Cabrera the first time around, so he figures to be the primary shortstop again now. He’s not much of a hitter, batting .231 with a .612 OPS for his career, but then again Cabrera is hitting just .232 with a .572 OPS this season after posting a career-high .736 OPS last season and hasn’t been his usual dangerous self as a base-runner.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (164)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (133)