Aug 12, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera spent a month on the disabled list with a strained hamstring, played 10 games for San Diego, and is now headed back to the shelf with more hamstring problems.
Alexi Amarista subbed for Cabrera the first time around, so he figures to be the primary shortstop again now. He’s not much of a hitter, batting .231 with a .612 OPS for his career, but then again Cabrera is hitting just .232 with a .572 OPS this season after posting a career-high .736 OPS last season and hasn’t been his usual dangerous self as a base-runner.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)