Aug 13, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
Bourn has battled hamstring problems since last season and underwent surgery, so it’s not surprising that a 3-4 week recovery timetable turned into a longer absence.
Because of all the leg problems Bourn has ceased doing damage as a base-runner, swiping just 30 bases while being thrown out 15 times in 196 games since last season. He stole 40-plus bases every year from 2008-2012, leading the league in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 13
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)