Aug 13, 2014, 5:36 PM EST
I said in the last post that there has been no drama in Queens. That’s true. But the METS ORGANIZATION IS WRACKED WITH TURMOIL!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that New York Mets Minor League right-handed pitcher Derrick Bernard has received a 62-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Bernard, who is currently on the roster of the Gulf Coast League Mets, is effective immediately.
OK, maybe not. Whatever.
- Hunter Pence hit in hand by pitch, headed for X-rays 0
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 6
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 135
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 43
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)