Aug 13, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
I said in the last post that there has been no drama in Queens. That’s true. But the METS ORGANIZATION IS WRACKED WITH TURMOIL!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that New York Mets Minor League right-handed pitcher Derrick Bernard has received a 62-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Bernard, who is currently on the roster of the Gulf Coast League Mets, is effective immediately.
OK, maybe not. Whatever.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)