Aug 13, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
I said in the last post that there has been no drama in Queens. That’s true. But the METS ORGANIZATION IS WRACKED WITH TURMOIL!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that New York Mets Minor League right-handed pitcher Derrick Bernard has received a 62-game suspension without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Bernard, who is currently on the roster of the Gulf Coast League Mets, is effective immediately.
OK, maybe not. Whatever.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 12
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (104)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)