Aug 13, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
As expected the Orioles have placed third baseman Manny Machado on the disabled list after he suffered a sprained right knee ligament Monday night.
This time around it’s his right knee, whereas Machado suffered a torn ligament in his left knee last season, but the injury certainly didn’t look pretty at the time.
In his absence–today at least–the Orioles have shifted first baseman Chris Davis across the diamond to third base, where he’s started 68 career games.
After a terrible start to the season and a suspension for tossing his bat Machado has hit .351 in 28 games since July 1, raising his OPS from .662 to .755 during that time. He posted a .746 OPS as a rookie last season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (188)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)