Aug 13, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
The long list of injured Rangers now grows …
As first relayed by Jeff Wilson at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, ace Yu Darvish has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow. Darvish had a surprisingly-terrible start last Saturday in Houston — surrendering six runs on nine hits and four walks in a loss to the Astros — and then experienced discomfort in his pitching elbow at the beginning of a bullpen session on Monday.
Darvish will undergo further testing on his right arm later this week. Robbie Ross will start in his place on Thursday and Alex Claudio has been called up from Triple-A Round Rock to provide bullpen depth.
Darvish, 27, owns a 3.06 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, and 182/49 K/BB ratio in 144 1/3 innings this year.
Jon Daniels: Do not believe the ligament is involved in Yu Darvish injury; will have MRI tomorrow. Hopeful he misses only 2 starts.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) August 13, 2014
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 30
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62