Aug 13, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
The long list of injured Rangers now grows …
As first relayed by Jeff Wilson at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, ace Yu Darvish has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow. Darvish had a surprisingly-terrible start last Saturday in Houston — surrendering six runs on nine hits and four walks in a loss to the Astros — and then experienced discomfort in his pitching elbow at the beginning of a bullpen session on Monday.
Darvish will undergo further testing on his right arm later this week. Robbie Ross will start in his place on Thursday and Alex Claudio has been called up from Triple-A Round Rock to provide bullpen depth.
Darvish, 27, owns a 3.06 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, and 182/49 K/BB ratio in 144 1/3 innings this year.
Jon Daniels: Do not believe the ligament is involved in Yu Darvish injury; will have MRI tomorrow. Hopeful he misses only 2 starts.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) August 13, 2014
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)