Aug 13, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
The long list of injured Rangers now grows …
As first relayed by Jeff Wilson at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, ace Yu Darvish has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow. Darvish had a surprisingly-terrible start last Saturday in Houston — surrendering six runs on nine hits and four walks in a loss to the Astros — and then experienced discomfort in his pitching elbow at the beginning of a bullpen session on Monday.
Darvish will undergo further testing on his right arm later this week. Robbie Ross will start in his place on Thursday and Alex Claudio has been called up from Triple-A Round Rock to provide bullpen depth.
Darvish, 27, owns a 3.06 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, and 182/49 K/BB ratio in 144 1/3 innings this year.
Jon Daniels: Do not believe the ligament is involved in Yu Darvish injury; will have MRI tomorrow. Hopeful he misses only 2 starts.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) August 13, 2014
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)