Aug 13, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki‘s season has come to a close.
MLB.com’s Thomas Harding reports that the shortstop is scheduled to undergo “labral repair surgery on his left hip” this Friday in Vail, Colorado.
It’s not clear how long the rest and rehab period will take, but Tulo will not play in another game this year.
The star 29-year-old was batting .340/.432/.603 with 21 home runs, 52 RBI, and 71 runs scored in 91 games when he injured his hip while running out a grounder in late July. He might have earned his first National League MVP award if not for the injury.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)