Aug 13, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki‘s season has come to a close.
MLB.com’s Thomas Harding reports that the shortstop is scheduled to undergo “labral repair surgery on his left hip” this Friday in Vail, Colorado.
It’s not clear how long the rest and rehab period will take, but Tulo will not play in another game this year.
The star 29-year-old was batting .340/.432/.603 with 21 home runs, 52 RBI, and 71 runs scored in 91 games when he injured his hip while running out a grounder in late July. He might have earned his first National League MVP award if not for the injury.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)