Aug 13, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki‘s season has come to a close.
MLB.com’s Thomas Harding reports that the shortstop is scheduled to undergo “labral repair surgery on his left hip” this Friday in Vail, Colorado.
It’s not clear how long the rest and rehab period will take, but Tulo will not play in another game this year.
The star 29-year-old was batting .340/.432/.603 with 21 home runs, 52 RBI, and 71 runs scored in 91 games when he injured his hip while running out a grounder in late July. He might have earned his first National League MVP award if not for the injury.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game, as they’re announced… 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)