Aug 13, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki‘s season has come to a close.
MLB.com’s Thomas Harding reports that the shortstop is scheduled to undergo “labral repair surgery on his left hip” this Friday in Vail, Colorado.
It’s not clear how long the rest and rehab period will take, but Tulo will not play in another game this year.
The star 29-year-old was batting .340/.432/.603 with 21 home runs, 52 RBI, and 71 runs scored in 91 games when he injured his hip while running out a grounder in late July. He might have earned his first National League MVP award if not for the injury.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)