Aug 13, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki‘s season has come to a close.
MLB.com’s Thomas Harding reports that the shortstop is scheduled to undergo “labral repair surgery on his left hip” this Friday in Vail, Colorado.
It’s not clear how long the rest and rehab period will take, but Tulo will not play in another game this year.
The star 29-year-old was batting .340/.432/.603 with 21 home runs, 52 RBI, and 71 runs scored in 91 games when he injured his hip while running out a grounder in late July. He might have earned his first National League MVP award if not for the injury.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)