Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
A day after Yoenis Cespedes hit a big home run, he left today’s Reds-Red Sox game with a bruise on his right hand.
There’s no more information that that. I wasn’t watching, but I can’t find anyone who was saying that he was hit or that he hurt it somehow during the game. The club should update his status after the game. For now I’m going to go with an intense game of “hot hands” with Jackie Bradley Jr. in the clubhouse before the game.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 107
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)