Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
A day after Yoenis Cespedes hit a big home run, he left today’s Reds-Red Sox game with a bruise on his right hand.
There’s no more information that that. I wasn’t watching, but I can’t find anyone who was saying that he was hit or that he hurt it somehow during the game. The club should update his status after the game. For now I’m going to go with an intense game of “hot hands” with Jackie Bradley Jr. in the clubhouse before the game.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)