Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
A day after Yoenis Cespedes hit a big home run, he left today’s Reds-Red Sox game with a bruise on his right hand.
There’s no more information that that. I wasn’t watching, but I can’t find anyone who was saying that he was hit or that he hurt it somehow during the game. The club should update his status after the game. For now I’m going to go with an intense game of “hot hands” with Jackie Bradley Jr. in the clubhouse before the game.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 14
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 33
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)