Aug 14, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
Lowrie suffered the injury when he took a hard ground ball off his finger last week and went 1-for-11 at the plate while also feeling pain on most throws defensively before shutting things down.
Lowrie had a breakout 2013 season for the A’s, hitting .290 with a .791 OPS while staying healthy for the first time in his career. He’d been healthy this season until the finger injury, but his production has slipped to a .238 batting average and .671 OPS with free agency right around the corner this winter.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)