Aug 14, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Lowrie suffered the injury when he took a hard ground ball off his finger last week and went 1-for-11 at the plate while also feeling pain on most throws defensively before shutting things down.
Lowrie had a breakout 2013 season for the A’s, hitting .290 with a .791 OPS while staying healthy for the first time in his career. He’d been healthy this season until the finger injury, but his production has slipped to a .238 batting average and .671 OPS with free agency right around the corner this winter.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 10
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 71
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)