Aug 14, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Orioles rookie Jonathan Schoop homered against the Yankees last night for the second straight game and the 23-year-old infielder has hit .379 with four homers, two doubles, and a 1.262 OPS in nine games versus New York.
And here’s the thing: Schoop has been terrible against non-Yankees teams. For his Orioles career he’s hit just .205 with a .246 on-base percentage and .309 slugging percentage in 93 games against every other team.
Against the Yankees: 4 homers, 1.262 OPS in 9 games.
Against the rest of MLB: 8 homers, .555 OPS in 93 games.
(He also hit just .256 with a .697 OPS at Triple-A.)
Oh, and last night’s game-tying homer against the Yankees came off Dellin Betances, who made the All-Star team as a rookie and has been one of the most unhittable pitchers in baseball this season. Schoop also hit two homers off Masahiro Tanaka earlier this season, both of them go-ahead blasts.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 282
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)