Aug 14, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Phillips is right on schedule for what was initially expected to be a six-week recovery process.
He was having a poor season before the injury, hitting .272 with seven homers and a .701 OPS that rates as his lowest mark since joining the Reds in 2006. He also swiped just one base in 86 games after averaging 21 steals per season from 2006-2012, so clearly at age 33 he’s showing major signs of decline.
In his absence the Reds have used Skip Schumaker and most recently Kris Negron at second base.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)