Aug 14, 2014, 5:43 PM EST
Initially the Reds pushed back Homer Bailey‘s turn in the rotation while hoping he could avoid a stint on the disabled list, but now they’ve placed him on the shelf with a flexor mass strain in his elbow.
Despite getting off to a poor start Bailey is having a pretty typical season in the first year of a $105 million contract extension, posting a 3.71 ERA in 23 starts with a 124/45 K/BB ratio in 146 innings.
He started 33 and 32 games while logging 208 and 209 innings during the previous two seasons.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)