Aug 14, 2014, 5:43 PM EST
Initially the Reds pushed back Homer Bailey‘s turn in the rotation while hoping he could avoid a stint on the disabled list, but now they’ve placed him on the shelf with a flexor mass strain in his elbow.
Despite getting off to a poor start Bailey is having a pretty typical season in the first year of a $105 million contract extension, posting a 3.71 ERA in 23 starts with a 124/45 K/BB ratio in 146 innings.
He started 33 and 32 games while logging 208 and 209 innings during the previous two seasons.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 115
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)