Aug 14, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Initially the Reds pushed back Homer Bailey‘s turn in the rotation while hoping he could avoid a stint on the disabled list, but now they’ve placed him on the shelf with a flexor mass strain in his elbow.
Despite getting off to a poor start Bailey is having a pretty typical season in the first year of a $105 million contract extension, posting a 3.71 ERA in 23 starts with a 124/45 K/BB ratio in 146 innings.
He started 33 and 32 games while logging 208 and 209 innings during the previous two seasons.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 5
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)