Aug 14, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Initially the Reds pushed back Homer Bailey‘s turn in the rotation while hoping he could avoid a stint on the disabled list, but now they’ve placed him on the shelf with a flexor mass strain in his elbow.
Despite getting off to a poor start Bailey is having a pretty typical season in the first year of a $105 million contract extension, posting a 3.71 ERA in 23 starts with a 124/45 K/BB ratio in 146 innings.
He started 33 and 32 games while logging 208 and 209 innings during the previous two seasons.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)