Aug 14, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Initially the Reds pushed back Homer Bailey‘s turn in the rotation while hoping he could avoid a stint on the disabled list, but now they’ve placed him on the shelf with a flexor mass strain in his elbow.
Despite getting off to a poor start Bailey is having a pretty typical season in the first year of a $105 million contract extension, posting a 3.71 ERA in 23 starts with a 124/45 K/BB ratio in 146 innings.
He started 33 and 32 games while logging 208 and 209 innings during the previous two seasons.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 13
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)