Aug 14, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
Alonso previously missed about six weeks in June and July with right wrist tendinitis and he’d been on fire since returning, hitting .421 in 15 games. Unfortunately that hot stretch brought his season totals up to a still-poor .240 batting average and .682 OPS in 84 games.
Tommy Medica shifted from left field to first base when Alonso exited Tuesday’s game.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)