Aug 15, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The Brewers will have to attempt to win the NL Central without relievers Tyler Thornburg and Jim Henderson. MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that both are done for the season: Thornburg with a right elbow injury, and Henderson with a right shoulder injury. McCalvy adds that Thornburg had a platelet-rich plasma injection in his elbow, and that Henderson may need to undergo surgery on his shoulder.
Per McCalvy, neither player suffered a setback; they simply weren’t making any progress coming back from their injuries.
Thornburg put up mediocre numbers before landing on the disabled list in June, compiling a 4.25 ERA and a 28/21 K/BB ratio in 29 2/3 innings. Henderson was worse, posting a 7.15 ERA with a 17/4 K/BB ratio in 11 1/3 innings prior to being put on the DL in early May.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)